In 1996, Michael Belfonte worked his first adoption case with American Adoptions, one of the nation’s largest domestic adoption agencies. Their relationship continues to this day, as Belfonte completes the legal work of the national agency’s Kansas and Western Missouri adoptions.
This partnership works both ways, as prospective adoptive families or birth parents who choose Michael Belfonte as their adoption attorney will also receive all of the benefits of working with a national agency. American Adoptions is a full-service adoption agency, meaning their adoption specialists work alongside the adoptive family and birth parents throughout the adoption, providing services such as matching and counseling.
American Adoptions is involved in the taking of the birth parents’ consent in Missouri and relinquishment in Kansas, and will appear at all court hearings in those states.
American Adoptions also offers the following services to Michael Belfonte’s clients:
- Low Wait Times – American Adoptions works with pregnant women not only in Kansas and Missouri but also in the entire country, meaning more birth mothers and lower wait times.
- Low Disruption Rates – Proactive social workers ensure that prospective birth parents make their own decisions about adoption and only form an adoption plan once they are fully committed, helping limit unsuccessful adoptions.
- Limited-Risk Program – In the unfortunate incident of a disruption, American Adoptions offers its Limited-Risk Program in which they cover all pre-natal care expenses, living expenses and legal expenses up to $5,000.
- Experience and Passion – American Adoptions completes over 300 adoptions every year and has been a staple of the adoption landscape for over two decades. Much of the staff is made up of adoptees, adoptive parents and birth parents, who all have a unique passion for completing families through adoption.
- 24/7 Support – American Adoptions’ social workers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any questions, concerns or emergencies.
- Hundreds of Adoptive Families – American Adoptions offers prospective birth parents hundreds of waiting families to choose from, helping her find the family that will provide the life she envisions for her child.
- Free Adoption Counseling – Adoption is undoubtedly an emotionally trying time in a woman’s life; therefore, American Adoptions offers free counseling before, during and after the adoption process.
- Financial Assistance – Although every state’s laws are different, American Adoptions can typically help with medical and living expenses.
Learn more about American Adoptions by visiting www.americanadoptions.com or by calling 1-800-ADOPTION.