There are many factors in the adoption process that can affect how long you’ll wait to have a child placed in your home — the most important of which is what adoption professional you work with.
Michael Belfonte works closely with American Adoptions to help hopeful adoptive parents find an adoption opportunity. The adoption wait time will be significantly less with American Adoptions than it would be with a small local agency.
Here’s how Michael and American Adoptions minimize the amount of time you’ll have to wait to adopt:
- Advertising: They reach more potential birth mothers on a national level, so there are more available adoption opportunities.
- 24/7 Availability: A professional is always ready on the 24-hour adoption hotline at American Adoptions, so potential birth mothers can be connected with adoption support around the clock.
- Adoptive Family Profiles: American Adoptions works with a professional media team to help you put together a text, video and photo profile that will capture the attention of potential birth mothers looking for the right adoptive parents for their babies.
Because you’re working with the national agency that does more private domestic adoptions in the U.S. than any other agency, you’ll wait significantly less time to adopt a child.
How long it takes to adopt a child through Michael and American Adoptions also depends on how specific you are about the types of adoption opportunities you’re open to. For example, American Adoptions offers two different programs that will have different adoption wait times:
- The Traditional Program involves the adoption of all non-African American healthy newborns. Races include, but are not limited to, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc. or any non-African American combination of races. The average wait to be matched with an adoption opportunity in this program is 1–9 months, while the wait until placement is 3–12 months, on average.
- The Agency-Assisted Program involves the adoption of healthy newborns of full African-American heritage or any race combined with African-American heritage. The average wait to be matched in this program is 1–6 months, while the average wait until placement is 1–9 months.
You should know that 75 percent of adoptive families who work with Michael and American Adoptions adopt within those estimated wait times, so this is the closest answer to the question “how long does the adoption process take?”
To learn more about how to streamline your adoption process, contact Michael now.